I hope you all have been well! Been about... a year since I've written a journal entry? Dang... I never really had much to talk about, be it about myself or anything else of interest until just these few recent months. So here, have a bullet list of paragraphs!P E R S O N A L U P D A T E S
- I've been generally calmer and happier this year so far than I was last year. It's a huge improvement, since I was in a near-constant state of depression for years prior to 2015. It feels strange to be feeling and thinking more positively about myself sometimes, but it means that I've been directing less energy into self-loathing and more into being productive, which plays a huge factor in me being a little cheerful everyday and remembering to count my blessings.
- Jen and I reached our 4th anniversary together in August! We have been through thick and thin together, supporting each other in any we can, and I honestly wouldn't ask for anyone else to hold my hand and face Hell with me. We celebrated quietly, mostly because we tend to be very private people, especially me, but I was aching to to talk about this since. Thanks to this wonderful lady, I'm still here and trying to improve myself.
- Jen is also running a Steven Universe fanblog on Tumblr , of which I'm a co-admin and content organizer of! We blog and reblog anything SU-related, from fanart to silly screenshot edits that amuse us, including our own fanworks! Jen tends to favor writing fanfics while I'll be doing fanart. We're also Rupphire shippers, so watch out! If you have some fanwork that you'd like us to reblog, send us a link to your post in a fanmail and we'll take a look! And if you like the blog, please follow us!
A R T U P D A T E S
- My computer dilemmas never seem to end. Since January, my desktop has taken up the habit of shutting down anywhere between 30 mins to 3 hours on average. Quite frustrating while I'm working on digital art; sometimes I lose my progress and I'm forced to take a break until the computer cools down. Plans to upgrade or get a new computer have been put aside for months, but I will aim to change that this month if things go well. I really, REALLY want to do more than 4 hours of artwork per day...
- Got accepted into Pacific Arcana, a collaborative tarot card deck project based on the film Pacific Rim, organized by explodinghye. A Kickstarter will be held to fund the printing and all extra proceeds will be donated to the Larkin Street Youth Foundation. I completed my illustration, but I won't be sharing it publicly until the Kickstarter is live on September 20th. Do consider this project! Plenty of beautiful illustrations were created for this project and I can't wait to get my copy of the deck!
- Today, I got accepted into Together Breakfast Zine , a Steven Universe fan artbook! You can read more about the book's current plans here! I've been meaning to do some nice SU fan illustrations for a long time, and now I have a nice opportunity to do so!
- Commissions are open, more or less, but I can only take a few at a time. If you would like to commission me based on any of the examples of pieces in my gallery, be it a colored bust or full-size illustration, just let me know at email@example.com and I'll give you a quote!
That's about it for now! I really do want to know what any of you who read my journal have been up to! Tell me about your day perhaps? Something you're excited about? I'm eagerly awaiting The
Gummy Good Dinosaur.
Thanks for reading!